Thursday, June 01, 2006

And So It Begins

Well, I've talked about it forever, and over and over again...but an unfortunate experience with a scale has led me to suck it up and just do it...

Losing weight is never easy, and it has its ups and downs (and not just in pounds), but I'm hoping that blogging about my struggle will leave me accountable to myself and anyone who cares to read. Some of my friends do the same thing, so I thought I'd give it a shot too!

Every day I will post my food journal and any physical activity I have done. I'll estimate (or log if I know the exact amount) calories taken in and calories burned.

Each week I will also keep track of how much I exercise, and I will try to increase that each week as well. In November 2005 I was doing 2-4 miles at a time (even not very consistently), so I'm hoping to at least work back up to that.

For the first month, I'll try to stick to an exercise routine and just cut back on my eating habits. If that doesn't seem to work I'll start changing my diet as well and go from there.

The truth hurts, but maybe having to read it will help.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

You go, lady!!!!

Seriously, good for you. I've found that blogging about my efforts has helped keep me accountable to myself, if nothing else. I look forward to reading about your success, and hopefully we can share new ideas with each other! :-)

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home